Monday, September 28, 2009

Elder Machuca and the Amazing Technicolor Suit!

Week 26 Valencia

Hey! How is it going? Sorry I don´t have much time to write today because I was showing my companion everything that he has to do on the computer so I only have a couple minutes to write you. My new companion is from Lima, Peru. His name is Elder Machuca (it is said mu-chew-ka). He is really doing good. He is learning fast. I am trying to have a lot of patience so that I don´t get upset. It sure is frustrating sometimes to explain the simple things that we do every day three times, but he is getting the hang of things.

We don´t have any baptisms planned for the next week, but let’s see what happens. I am excited for the General Conference that is coming. Well, I gotta go. Sorry that my letter is so short.

Bye,
Elder Goode

Here is a picture of me in my new suit. I hope you like it.


Wow! Curtis. That is an amazing suit. I wondered what you meant by all the bells and whistles in your earlier letter. Now I know. It is totally cool!!! The other missionaries will be so jealous. :)

I am glad things are going great with Elder Machuca. I wonder if there is some message in this for you about Lima, Peru. Maybe you are meant to visit that place at some later time in your life. You will most certainly have a bunch of good friends there to visit. Maybe someday you will serve as a Mission President there. Wow!!! Four companions from Lima, Peru.

I understand about the short letter. Just make sure you write a longer one next week and give us all the juicy details. We love you and can't wait to hear more about your wonderful experiences.

I love you, son!!!
Love, always and forever,
Mom

1 comment: