Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baptisms and Weddings

Week 8 Babahoyo - Written on May 3, 2010

Hey! How are things going? I am doing really good we have three baptisms planned for the 15th of May so that will be cool. We should be having a wedding this week, but we will see what happens because we had a few setbacks in the paperwork. If we can´t get the problem fixed for this week then we will marry the couple next week and he will get baptized on the 15th. So we don´t have to change the baptism date yet, so that is good. So things are pretty good here. We have been working really hard this week and things are going so good. I am really going to miss the mission when I have to come home. Well I am going to send this and then we can chat for a bit, ok?

What else is going on with you? It sounds like you have been really busy to get all these baptisms and marriages ready. Please tell us more about the people you are baptizing and teaching.

Well, I told you about them last week a little bit, but we have a girl that is a member and she ran off with her boyfriend and then after a week and a half came back. So now she is repenting and we are teaching her boyfriend and they are going to get married and he is going to be baptised on the 15th of May. His name is Danny Pincay and her name is Roxana Tomala. We are also teaching a young girl. She is 11. She is a niece to Sandy and Wendy and a cousin to Nayely. Her name is Madelene. She is also going to be baptised on the 15th of May. The last one is a 17 year old girl. She is a reference of a few members that gave us the reference at about the same time, but she likes the church, is reading the Book of Mormon and has prayed about it and received an answer. Her name is Andreina Aguirre and she will also be getting baptised on the 15th of May. The other weddings I thought they were going to come through fast for us, but they are coming along a lot slower. So we are going to have to wait a little longer but I hope they come through in the end. I hope that answers your questions.

When I was asking them if their new house had room for me I was joking but I am still thinking about what I am going to do when I get back I am thinking that I might go back up and live with Grandma and Grandpa Goode they are all alone now and are going to need someone there so I could live with them and I could go back to work with Jerry at Central Valley. This isn’t sure but that is what the latest thoughts have been.

That is cool. The reason that they have two surnames is because they take one from each of their parents, so my whole name would be Curtis Craig Goode Parkinson That is how they do the names here in Ecuador. Just about all of them have two names and they all have two surnames. I am sure that Clain is excited about the temple.

Okay. That might be good, but I would make sure Jerry is willing to let you do more welding and use your skills and that he will pay you a higher wage so you can save some money up for school. I would like you to look at some of the welding jobs closer to home and maybe there will be something that will pay more down our way. It is true that Grandma and Grandpa would love the company again especially if you were more willing to help out with the things they need done around the house and yard. They have mentioned a number of times how much they miss you.

Working for Skyler might be a good option, but don't rush off to do it right away. He is making really good money down there, but then you would have to pay more for living expenses than you would if you were home and you would have travel expenses back and forth. I am not sure if you have any interest in selling insurance. You have been selling the best kind of insurance there is, eternal life with Jesus Christ, and you have been fairly successful at selling it. Maybe there is a future in that for you. I don't know.

Have you thought about being a Seminary Teacher. That thought keeps coming to me, like it would be a good place for you. I don't know. Lots of people have tried that option, but ended up in regular education instead. I know it is only a select few who make it into that profession. I wonder if there is something at the church offices that would appeal to you. You would of course need a degree of some kind, maybe something in computers. Have you considered that option? You are quite talented with computers. Another thing that has been in my mind for you for a long time is a job as a body guard for the Prophet. I have had a couple of dreams about it that were quite interesting. Anyway, consider lots of options before you make any decisions.

I will have to think about it, but don’t worry I will want to stick around at home if it is possible, but I just think about grandma and grandpa up there all alone and I would like to have someone there close by in case something happens. I sure hope nothing happens, but if it does and they are the only ones there. I don’t know I think that we are going to need someone there to keep an eye on them.

You are probably right. Michelle has been checking on them as often as she can. Shara may have to step up and stop more often on her way to and from work. Don't let that be your only motivation for going up there. I know there are always girls to motivate you and that is a good place to find some, but there are some sweet girls here closer to home and some that are interested in you. We will talk about that later. I am not sure if they are your type or not, but a couple of dates would let you know. Let me just say there are girls anxiously awaiting your arrival home.

Have a really great week. I love you and miss you. Thanks for being such a great son!

Love always and forever,
Mom

P.S. I have to go to Farmington now to swap phones. I thought you were done emailing for today, but if you should still be on, I would love an email telling me just how much you love and miss me!!! Thanks son.



No comments:

Post a Comment