Monday, January 25, 2010

Letter to Clain, Sweet!!!

Hey Clain! How are you doing? How are your construction classes going and the welding too? Mom was telling me about all of the preparation that you are doing to get ready to go on your mission. I am really proud of you buddy!!! I am surprised that you are going to be going on the mission soon. I am really feeling old now. I am proud of you Clain. This is a big decision for you to go on a mission. There are a lot of things that you weren´t very good at when I left, but mom is always telling me about how every day, every minute you just keep getting better and better at everything.

I am proud of you I know that the mission is going to be hard, for me it sure has been. I have had companions that don´t want to get up in the morning. I have had companions that tell you every little thing that you are doing wrong, that just make you feel bad. It is hard, but you know it is also the most fulfilling time that I have had in my life. I am really glad that I made the decision to come on the mission. I have grown up so much since I came on the mission. I have learned many things such as why dad takes such good care of all of his things. When you don´t have much money, you try to reuse and make things last as long as they can. I know for you that is something that you are fairly good at, using a budget and making things last a long time.

You are going to be an awesome missionary!!! I know you will be good!!! Clain keep up the preparation and you will be better than me. I know it. Keep going strong. I love you lots!!!

Bye,
Elder Goode

Thank you Curtis. What a beautiful letter to Clain. And thanks for including the bits of testimony in it. This is exactly the kind of letter I have hoped you would write. I know Clain will treasure it all of his life. I can't wait to give it to him tonight. I love you so very much. Thank you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment