Monday, February 2, 2009

2009_02_02 Week 15 Balzar Clain

Clain wrote to Curtis on Sun, 01 Feb 2009 19:11:31 -0700
Curtis replied back on February 2, 2009

Hi Curtis

What does your companion like to do for fun?

I am not sure. He likes to fix things. We do that a lot.

We can't remember Elder Bejar's first name. Could you tell us again?

Aldo

I am making deer jerky this week. Would you like me to send you some?

Yes. Please!








Do you use the plan of salvation puzzle to teach anyone?

Yes I use it about 4 or 5 times a week to teach. It is a great way for the people to understand the plan of salvation.





Have you used Alma and Samuel the Lamanite to teach? Would you like us to send you any more things like that?

No I haven´t used Alma yet. He is the only one that I have. I don´t have Samuel the Lamanite.

When Clain was writing this last night, I told him it was Samuel the Lamanite that I had sent, but when I tried to find photos of them today, I realized it was the Stripling Warrior that I had put in his last package. I will have to get the Samuel the Lamanite figure for the next package.


I bought a Stripling Warrior figure and sent it to him in the fifth package we sent to Ecuador. It is the one that has all the letters from his cousins that were written at the Christmas party. He should have received that package by now. It was sort of a Valentine's Package so we hope it arrives there before Valentine's Day. Maybe he will get it this week.


Alma was a figure mom hid in his suitcase when we sent him off to the MTC. Alma was a great missionary, so we hoped the small figurine would help encourage him to be like Alma.

"O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Alma 29:1-2, 9

The Stripling Warriors are great heroes for missionaries. They were strong, valiant, courageous, true and faithful.


"And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all - they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.


Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him."


Alma 53: 20-21


"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.


And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."


Alma 56:47-48


"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.


And it came to pass that there were two hundred, out of my two thousand and sixty, who had fainted because of the loss of blood; nevertheless, according to the goodness of God, and to our great astonishment, and also the joy of our whole army, there was not one soul of them who did perish; yea, and neither was there one soul among them who had not received many wounds.


And now , their preservation was astonishing to our whole army, yea, that they should be spared while there was a thousand of our brethren who were slain. And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous power of God, because of their exceeding faith in that which they had been taught to believe - that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power.


Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually."


Alma 57:21, 25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment