Monday, December 8, 2008

2008_12_01 Week 6 Balzar Dad

Dad emailed Curtis on Mon, 01 Dec 2008 08:55:00 -0700
Curtis emailed Dad that same day

Dear Curtis

How was your Week? How did the baptism go?

I was going to go duck hunting Wednesday but I woke up at 3:00 am sick with the Flu so I sent clain out with Kavin, Stew, kavin's Principal and V. Principal. They did not get any they got some shots but not ducks. I spent most of the day in bed.

Thanksgiving we went over to Curtis and Camie Cox to work on the house Josh, Kavin Clain and me put 5 new windows in. I think they are going to go back on the13th to do some more work. They have not done much work in the past two years. Then we went over to Georgiann to eat dinner.

Skyler came down yesterday to get your address. I had him help me give Mom a blessing Clain slammed her head in the truck door Saturday night i think she has a concushion she is doing a lot better now.

Sorry about last week I got busy and did not get back to check my email. have you been teaching a lot of lessons? How was your sunday? I will check back later I Love You,

Love Dad

my week was good the baptism with Jesus didnt happen she doenst want to get baptised right now so we will have to work with her some more and then maybe we have two baptisms this Sunday. Allison and Christopher. Allison asked me to perform the baptism.

That sucks that clain and kavin and the group didnt get any birds maybe next time Im glad that you helped out curtis and kami I wish i could have been there to help out too.

A note from Mom

We got home late on Saturday night after going to the Forgotten Carols in Logan as a family. Clain had been asleep all the way home. He got out and I got out. I was gathering stuff up to take in the house and reached down to pick up a bottle from the floor in the back seat of the truck when Clain slammed the back door shut so he could go past to go in the house. My head got caught between the door and the hard part of the passenger seat where the seat belt hooks in. I immediately had a very bad headache. It doubled me over on the front seat and I laid there and cried for a few minutes. It hurt so bad that I cried for a half hour or more. I have not hurt that bad since Braxton was born.


I went inside and took some pain medicine, washed my face and put ice on my head. After a bit it eased up so I could stand it. I went to bed and was able to sleep. When I woke up Sunday, I still had a really good headache, but I was very grateful for the rest. I considered staying home from church, but determined that Satan was not going to win this day and I would go no matter what. I took more pain medicine and got ready for church. I endured church and tried hard to concentrate on the meetings, which were really good that day. I had to take more pain medicine while at church, but I stuck it out. I asked Craig if he would give me a blessing after church. He said he would and he would call our home teacher and see if he could come help.

After lunch I laid down for a bit. Then Skyler Gailey came down. When I heard Skyler's voice, I thought that Skyler could help Craig give me a blessing, so I got up and asked. Skyler was very willing to help. Immediately after the blessing, the pain started to ease up. I had a good afternoon and evening and I have felt pretty good ever since. The pain was very intense prior to the blessing, but I have had very little pain since the blessing, just an occasional twinge or two. I count this as a small miracle in my life. I am grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord as He tenderly watches over me and my family. I am grateful for Curtis's desire to serve a mission. I know our family is being blessed because of his service.

No comments:

Post a Comment